Children’s Art Competition
Our mission is to protect, promote and enhance the Hertfordshire countryside for everyone to value and enjoy.
We run a Children’s Art Competition to help young children and their families connect with the countryside and perhaps think about it in a different way. We set a different environmental or nature-related theme each year and invite all primary school aged children throughout the county to enter and to express themselves through art.
Our Children’s Art Competition encourages children to engage with the natural environment around them. The competition is open to all primary school children in Hertfordshire. Prizes include £500 in vouchers for the Overall Winning School.
The benefits of young people engaging with the countryside have never been more important:
- Children’s mental, physical and emotional health and wellbeing are improved by being in nature and looking at nature.
- Art and nature are likely to have a part to play somewhere on each School’s Development Plans.
- The countryside and nature bring topics to life across many aspects of the primary school curriculum.
- Appreciation of and connecting with nature is key within the teaching of climate change awareness.
- Art is an inspiring media for engaging with many children and has numerous known emotional, physical, cognitive and learning benefits.
For all of these reasons we hope that as many primary schools as possible will take part in our Children’s Art Competition. We are also delighted to receive art directly from individual children if their school decides not to participate.
We’re pleased to feature some of the winning artworks from our previous Children’s Art Competitions in the gallery below.
We’ve also selected some of the winning artworks to make charming and colourful blank greetings cards – please support our charity’s work by buying a pack of our Children’s Art cards today.