We couldn’t do what we do without the support of our amazing volunteers. If you’d like to volunteer for CPRE Hertfordshire, please take a look at our latest opportunities below, or simply get in touch to discuss how you might be able to help.
Why volunteer with us?
By volunteering with CPRE Hertfordshire you’ll be helping to protect and promote Hertfordshire’s beautiful countryside as well as having the opportunity to connect with like-minded people with similar interests. You’ll gain new skills and get all the training you need in your volunteering role. You’ll be part of a friendly and supportive team and you can join in with social events and workshops.
As a volunteer, you will have the freedom to work flexibly, to suit your lifestyle.
We want you to have an excellent volunteering experience with us, and so we’ve made commitments to our volunteers (PDF 168 KB).
There are lots of ways you could get involved, for example:
- Researching and writing about a local issue such as climate change, species loss, or water
- Creating maps or taking photographs of a threatened site
- Monitoring planning applications and development proposals in your area
- Doing in-depth research on a proposed development and helping draft our response
- Coordinating publicity and participant enrolment for a workshop or event
- Contributing your expertise as a pro bono consultant e.g. Legal, Finance, HR, IT
- Helping with general administrative tasks
- Assisting with marketing and fundraising
- Writing content, especially for digital / social media
- Organising and helping out at events like our AGM or at talks to community groups
- Helping with our Children’s Art Competition or countryside Awards programme
- Becoming a Trustee
If you are interested in getting involved we would love to hear from you!
For an exploratory conversation or to find out more, please contact us at email@example.com