A beautiful and thriving countryside that enriches all our lives.
To protect, promote and enhance the Hertfordshire countryside for everyone to value and enjoy.
Our charity works to
- Support communities to have their say on developments and changes in Hertfordshire.
- Protect Hertfordshire’s Green Belt and the wider countryside from inappropriate development.
- Promote the benefits of the countryside and our natural environment to everyone, wherever they live.
- Work with local government, community groups and other organisations to promote planning policies that make the best use of land.
- Advocate for Hertfordshire’s designated areas including the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Broxbourne Woods National Nature Reserve and the Chilterns Beechwoods Special Areas of Conservation.
- Raise awareness of the Hertfordshire countryside as a vital space for health and wellbeing.
- Encourage care of our chalk streams, woodlands, fields and hedgerows to help protect landscapes and wildlife.
- Call for homes that local people can afford to be built in the right places across the county.
- Recognise local groups and individuals that work to improve their environment and their communities.
- Advocate for action to mitigate the climate emergency so as to protect the Hertfordshire countryside and the wider environment both now and in the future.