2022 Children’s Art Competition – Results
A long standing and well-loved part of the CPRE Hertfordshire calendar, the theme in 2022 was ‘Hedgerows Up Close’.
Our Children’s Art Competition aims to encourage primary school aged children and their families to connect in a personal way with the Hertfordshire countryside. We are delighted to have received over 100 pieces of artwork for our 2022 competition and thank everyone who contributed. The competition produced some wonderful, imaginative and interesting entries.
The benefits of being outside have been well documented and this competition enables us to celebrate Hertfordshire’s green spaces through the eyes of a younger generation. This year we asked the schoolchildren to:
- Identify and visit a hedgerow nearby
- Think about the all the things that live in the hedgerow, both the plants and the animals
- Observe the hedgerow and see if any birds or insects visit it
- Draw the wildlife and plants they see
- Learn more about hedgerows – see the useful links below
- Think about the benefits of being outside: affecting health and wellbeing, improving both physical and mental health, making us feel happier and healthier
- Use words to help illustrate the benefits and feelings
- Get help from their families
Winning artists receive gift vouchers and certificates and commended artists receive certificates. In addition, the Overall Winning School receives £500 for their art department.
It is fantastic to have once again received so much support for this well-loved competition. See below for the gallery of winning artworks!
2022 Children’s Art Competition – Winning Artists & Schools
|First||Sophie||Wheatfields Infants||St Albans|
|Third||Oscar||Parent entry||Welwyn Garden City|
|Commended||Rose||Roger de Clare||Puckeridge, Ware|
|First||Evelyn||Tanners Wood||Abbots Langley|
|Third||Karin||Tring Park School||Tring|
|First||Daisy||Heath Mount||Watton at Stone|
Overall Winning School: Roselands Primary, Hoddesdon