Children’s Art Competition for 2021-22 announced
CPRE Herts is delighted to announce the launch of our 2021-22 Children’s Art Competition. The theme of this year’s competition is ‘The Colour of Nature’.
CPRE Hertfordshire’s annual Children’s Art Competition encourages children to engage with the natural environment around them. The competition, which this year has the theme The Colour of Nature, is open to all primary aged school children. Prizes include £500 in vouchers for the Overall Winning School.
The benefits of young people engaging with the countryside have never been more important:
- Children’s mental, physical and emotional health and wellbeing are improved by being in nature and looking at nature
- Art and nature are likely to have a part to play somewhere on each School’s Development Plans
- The countryside and nature brings topics to life across many aspects of both KS1 and KS2 curriculum
- Appreciation of and connecting with nature is key within the teaching of climate change awareness
- Art is an inspiring media for engaging with many children and has numerous known emotional, physical, cognitive and learning benefits.
For all these reasons we hope that as many schools as possible take part in this year’s Children’s Art Competition. We are also delighted to receive art direct from individual children if their school decides not to participate. The categories are: Years 0-2, Years 3-4 and Years 5-6.
Full details will be sent at the start of the September term. We aim to receive all entries by the end of November and to complete judging and prize giving during the following spring term.
A short video of the winning 2020 artwork can be seen by clicking here.
We look forward to receiving all of your wonderful art capturing the beauty of our countryside!